Play Creating and Publishing Web Applications with Visual Web Developer
The Microsoft Web Platform Tools provide the functionality needed by developers that want to deploy their applications in Shared Hosting environments. This video demonstrates:
- Steps a developer should follow to host their applications in a Shared Hosting Environment.
- Typical activities performed when interacting with a shared hosting provider.
- Publishing Content using FTP from Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Using Visual Web Developer (VWD) to connect to a hoster FTP site and deploy the application.
- Installing and configuring IIS Manager for Remote Administration of the web site.
- Installing IIS Manager new Modules.
- Using IIS Manager Remote Administration.
- Modifying and publishing an update for the application.
- Deploying the application database (ASP.NET Membership database).