PowerPivot Deep Dive with Rob Collie (2/3)
- Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 4:17AM
Right click “Save as…”
Presented at the Swedish SQL Server User Group meeting January 27th 2010 in Stockholm.
Temp Mashup Demo (Continued from part 1)
DAX Measure Golden Rules
- Home Table = Fact Table
- No naked columns!
- Calculations happen against the TABLES
- Two Phases: Filter, then Aggregate
- During Filter, think “Cell-by-Cell”
- Filters flow from One to Many, NEVER vice versa
Movie Explaining the Golden Rules
Rob Collie’s bio (from http://powerpivotpro.com/): "Excel geek, Business Intelligence professional, all-around data enthusiast, and one of the founding engineers behind PowerPivot, Microsoft’s new self-service BI offering."
Swedish SQL Server User Group: http://www.sqlug.se/