PowerPivot Deep Dive with Rob Collie (2/3)
- Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 4:17 AM
- 9,509 Views
Right click “Save as…”
Presented at the Swedish SQL Server User Group meeting January 27th 2010 in Stockholm.
Temp Mashup Demo (Continued from part 1)
DAX Measure Golden Rules
- Home Table = Fact Table
- No naked columns!
- Calculations happen against the TABLES
- Two Phases: Filter, then Aggregate
- During Filter, think “Cell-by-Cell”
- Filters flow from One to Many, NEVER vice versa
Movie Explaining the Golden Rules
Rob Collie’s bio (from http://powerpivotpro.com/): "Excel geek, Business Intelligence professional, all-around data enthusiast, and one of the founding engineers behind PowerPivot, Microsoft’s new self-service BI offering."
Swedish SQL Server User Group: http://www.sqlug.se/