This is a demo of a typical workflow for working with image files in Visual Studio. Web Essentials adds a lot of tools that makes this workflow easier than ever.
- Paste image from clipboard
- Lossless image optimization
- Create image sprites
- Sprites are better with LESS/SCSS
- Base64 encode images
- Optimize base64 encoded images
Existing features NOT demoed in this video:
- Save base64 encoded image back to disk
- Re-embed existing image as base64 encoded dataURI
- Adding more images to a sprite
- Changing an existing sprite without breaking your site
- Optimize image from the HTML editor (Smart Tag on <img> element)
Let me know what you think.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.