This is a demo of a typical workflow for working with image files in Visual Studio. Web Essentials adds a lot of tools that makes this workflow easier than ever.
- Paste image from clipboard
- Lossless image optimization
- Create image sprites
- Sprites are better with LESS/SCSS
- Base64 encode images
- Optimize base64 encoded images
Existing features NOT demoed in this video:
- Save base64 encoded image back to disk
- Re-embed existing image as base64 encoded dataURI
- Adding more images to a sprite
- Changing an existing sprite without breaking your site
- Optimize image from the HTML editor (Smart Tag on <img> element)
Let me know what you think.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.