Enterprise Mobility at Microsoft (SME roundtable January 2017)
IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our Enterprise Mobility at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT designs, deploys, and supports mobility at Microsoft. In this session, they discuss Office 365 management, migration to Intune, group policy, device classification, mobile device management with Intune, Azure Active Directory, mobile application management, best practices for engineering teams and mobile application development, and much more.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [2:57] How has mobility impacted the ability to manage Office 365?
- [5:07] My company is moving our computers from domain joined machines to Microsoft Intune. We are trying to migrate our GPO settings to the Intune environment and can't seem to find any information on how to easily migrate the settings. Is there an automation tool or a set of scripts that will enable us to mirror our security settings in the GPOs to Intune, using configuration items?
- [19:28] I am rolling out Intune to enable bring your own device capabilities to a large user base, and would like to automate as much as possible. But I don't see much information on using PowerShell to export settings from a test tenant to a production tenant. Is there a plan to allow for full-setting automation?
- [24:50] For mid-sized businesses, do you see elimination of on-premises domains and switching to Azure domain membership or completely stand-alone devices managed by Intune?
- [32:02] Can Intune support multiple terms and conditions presented to users during enrollment for different countries, languages, etc.?
- [34:09] How should engineering teams be structured to be able to catch the wave of mobility?
- [37:55] Is there a migration path from another MDM to Intune?
- [39:44] If you join/connect Windows 10 to workplace, not domain join the device, how does this affect the ability for IT to manage the device? In this case, what is the best practice? Require Intune agent or other? Comments?
- [41:41] Has the ability of mobile apps like SharePoint, improved the Office 365 mobile experience?
- [47:04] Can you talk about Android for Work and Intune, and the path going forward?
- [48:04] Can you configure Intune to automatically approve OS application updates based on patch confidence score?
- [48:52] Is there an effort to enable Intune MAM capabilities on more mobile applications, both Microsoft and in the industry?
- [49:54] In the future, do you see the eventual loss of most of the Office desktops/laptops and the total adoption of mobile devices, Azure, Intune, in enterprises?
- [52:14] As a large enterprise, we've moved all remote access of web-based applications through Azure application proxy. Which means users have loved the single sign-on benefits between apps. Because of the mention of an optimal experience in mobile apps, is there anything on the roadmap, whether from device providers—Apple, Android, or Microsoft—that would also help with single sign-on between native mobile apps on iOS and Android?
- [53:54] What is the one tip you would like to leave our customers with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: