IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our Enterprise Mobility at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT designs, deploys, and supports mobility at Microsoft.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [2:42] How has Office 365 contributed to delivering mobility at Microsoft?
- [3:34] How soon do we start to realize some of the benefits of moving to a cloud-based infrastructure?
- [5:04] Why is strong multi-factor authentication so important in cloud first, mobile first world?
- [6:38] How does Microsoft manage their devices?
- [7:06] What are the advantages of using the modern HTML5 platform?
- [13:16] Does Microsoft IT support devices other than the Windows devices on your network?
- [14:51] How do you prioritize some of the new capabilities that you may want to add to your applications?
- [15:00] How do you make sure that you've got the right applications and the right services and functionality for your users?
- [24:26] How do we manage or control features in non-Windows devices?
- [26:42] From a security perspective, what can be done with mobile devices to provide strong authentication to corporate services?
- [29:29] Can you describe how Microsoft uses conditional access to control device access to various resources?
- [30:31] Is it possible to proactively manage drivers that are installed on end user's machines?
- [33:20] What is the impact of four or five devices hitting the network?
- [35:39] What happens if a device is stolen?
- [36:59] What is the biggest trend that mobility has enabled for us here at Microsoft?
- [40:42] What solutions do we have for VPN access to Microsoft internal resources for iOS and Android mobile devices?
- [43:33] How do the engineering teams at Microsoft get structured?
- [55:23] What is one key takeaway that you'd each like our customers to leave with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.