IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our Enterprise Mobility at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT designs, deploys, and supports mobility at Microsoft.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [2:42] How has Office 365 contributed to delivering mobility at Microsoft?
- [3:34] How soon do we start to realize some of the benefits of moving to a cloud-based infrastructure?
- [5:04] Why is strong multi-factor authentication so important in cloud first, mobile first world?
- [6:38] How does Microsoft manage their devices?
- [7:06] What are the advantages of using the modern HTML5 platform?
- [13:16] Does Microsoft IT support devices other than the Windows devices on your network?
- [14:51] How do you prioritize some of the new capabilities that you may want to add to your applications?
- [15:00] How do you make sure that you've got the right applications and the right services and functionality for your users?
- [24:26] How do we manage or control features in non-Windows devices?
- [26:42] From a security perspective, what can be done with mobile devices to provide strong authentication to corporate services?
- [29:29] Can you describe how Microsoft uses conditional access to control device access to various resources?
- [30:31] Is it possible to proactively manage drivers that are installed on end user's machines?
- [33:20] What is the impact of four or five devices hitting the network?
- [35:39] What happens if a device is stolen?
- [36:59] What is the biggest trend that mobility has enabled for us here at Microsoft?
- [40:42] What solutions do we have for VPN access to Microsoft internal resources for iOS and Android mobile devices?
- [43:33] How do the engineering teams at Microsoft get structured?
- [55:23] What is one key takeaway that you'd each like our customers to leave with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: