As an early adopter of SQL Server 2016, Microsoft IT identified four features and enhancements that have the potential to increase productivity for people who design, develop, and maintain critical data storage systems. In this webinar, Anubhuti Varshney, Senior Program Manager, talks about how Microsoft IT evaluated these features and created business intelligence solutions that support advanced analytics within databases for deeper data insights.
This information is presented during this session:
- [1:20] Agenda
- [2:32] SQL Server 2016 – new features
- [4:46] Microsoft IT project context – Microsoft Enterprise Services Business Intelligence team uses SQL Server 2016 new features
- [9:09] Microsoft IT project architecture
- [12:05] Improvements in in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP)
- [23:31] Improvements in ColumnStore indexes
- [34:35] Temporal data
- [43:14] Row-level security
- [54:09] Key takeaways
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.