Patrick Graff, Senior IT Service Manager with the Software Licensing Service, shares how Microsoft IT cut costs by using data analytics and System Center to understand, analyze, and report on third-party software within Microsoft. Learn how Microsoft IT developed the infrastructure, processes, and reporting to effectively manage, control, and use third-party software licenses within the company.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [3:04] Analytics spectrum of data
- [4:18] Shifting role of IT
- [6:58] Software optimization model and lifecycle
- [8:14] Third-party software spending challenges
- [11:29] Third-party software spending solutions
- [18:17] Third-party Software Licensing Service demo
- [29:09] If you're not using System Center, can you still use Power BI to do visualizations using third party software?
- [31:11] How does it make your day-to-day life easier using BI to create these visualizations? How has it made the business customer, the end user, more productive because of these visualizations that you've given to them?
- [32:45] How do we qualify the savings by reviewing the data after it's normalized?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: