IT Expert Roundtable: Cloud at Microsoft (November 2017)
Cloud experts from Microsoft discuss modernizing applications, cultural changes that lead to digital transformation, migrating on-premises data centers to the cloud, security in the cloud, shadow IT, planning a move to the cloud, application development accountability, software engineering fundamentals, geo-redundancy, and more. They share candid insights and best practices about how we design, manage, and support cloud solutions at Microsoft.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [01:48] Now that the cloud is a $20 billion business for Microsoft and Amazon, what are enterprise IT shops most focused on enabling in the cloud? PaaS data integration? SaaS integration?
- [08:37] How has the migration from on-premises data centers to the cloud influenced the security approach at Microsoft?
- [22:06] We have a large infrastructure today—how do you approach the analysis of moving it to the cloud?
- [34:18] How has accountability changed for application development teams?
- [44:45] How should enterprise IT think about data migration and data geo-redundancy in the cloud?
- [55:25] What is the one key takeaway that you would like to leave our audience with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: