IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our SharePoint at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT designs, develops, implements, governs, upgrades, and supports SharePoint at Microsoft. In this session, they discuss Microsoft Teams, MyAnalytics, search technologies, custom user data, the Office 365 app launcher, third-party tools, taxonomy, access from iOS and Android devices, governance, multifactor authentication, and much more.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [2:14] We just launched Microsoft Teams to general availability yesterday. What do you think of Microsoft Teams, now that we’ve been using it for a while at Microsoft? What should our customers know about Microsoft Team?
- [6:48] Delve search and SharePoint search are really good. Can these search technologies be extended to other Office 365 apps, specifically Outlook on the web, where search is not very good?
- [12:18] Extending these questions a little bit, is Group the same across SharePoint, Team, Lync, and Exchange?
- [15:08] Does Microsoft IT import any custom user data into the profile database?
- [18:21] Can you control the features available in the Office 365 app launcher (internally known as the waffle) to users on a granular basis?
- [21:38] I watched the team showcase and it supports a lot of third-party tools. What are the roles of SharePoint in it?
- [22:41] How does Microsoft IT manage taxonomy at Microsoft?
- [26:34] How do you provide access to SharePoint content from non-Windows devices and platforms from Apple and Android?
- [28:38] Do you give guidance on when your employees should use SharePoint team sites versus OneDrive, versus the new Office 365 Groups or Teams?
- [31:27] How does Microsoft IT ensure high availability of the SharePoint database when most, but not all, databases for SQL Server feature Always On?
- [34:54] When will SharePoint support SQL Server 2016?
- [36:06] What are some of the biggest adoption hurdles to using Delve internally at Microsoft?
- [41:39] Can we provide the solutions we use to govern sites?
- [44:00] Do we support multifactor authentication?
- [45:13] How does performance and availability of the cloud stock up against the on-premises?
- [51:07] What is the one tip you want to leave our customers with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more:
- Getting your team started with Microsoft Teams
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams
- Understanding file sharing and collaboration options
- OneDrive sync client unifies client file storage and synchronization
- Microsoft IT enables information discovery with enterprise search and Delve
- Office 365 Roadmap
- Microsoft IT Showcase
- Microsoft IT Careers
- Get the IT Showcase Windows Phone App
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.