Skype for Business at Microsoft (SME Roundtable May 2017)
IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our Skype for Business at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT implements, maintains, and supports Skype for Business at Microsoft. In this session, they discuss new features of Skype for Business, factors that affect call quality and reliability, client version control, tenant dial plans, normalization rules, and much more.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [02:34] What are new features across Skype for Business client, desktop, or mobile?
- [04:30] What are important factors in having a good call or conference experience with Skype for Business?
- [11:17] How does Microsoft IT handle client version control?
- [15:19] How does Microsoft use tenant dial plans?
- [17:52] What are normalization rules used for?
- [20:57] What networking infrastructure issues affect Skype for Business audio and video quality?
- [31:07] How does business continuity/disaster recovery differ between on-premises and cloud deployments?
- [34:37] With C5 caller, ID can be set or blocked. Have you tested?
- [37:53] How do we drive adoption of features and updates?
- [45:26] I heard that Microsoft brought Event Zero. What does this mean for IT pros?
- [49:26] What is the one tip you would like to leave our audience with today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: