At our September Roundtable Discussion in Chicago, we asked Microsoft event alumni to share their top "must have" elements that create an event that's valuable, informative, and inspiring. Here are the elements that topped the list—and yes, you can expect all this, and more, at Ignite.
- Networking lounges provide areas to sit, leverage social media, connect with people and share information. – Harjit Dhaliwal, @hoorge
- Not just networking with peers, but with product experts. – Joe Kelly, @_JoeKelly_
The Expo Hall covers it all... from product experts in the Microsoft Solutions Experience, sponsors and exhibitors, lounge areas with Microsoft, partner, and community theater presentations, and so much more. Attend the Welcome Reception and Ask the Experts for networking, product experts, and access to the industry's best and brightest, plus great food and drinks.
Welcome Reception and Ask the Experts Monday, May 4 | 6:00 P.M.–8:00 P.M. | South Hall A1/A2
- Vision, strategy and roadmap for the future
- Independent experts (non-Microsoft) presenting sessions is incredibly valuable. – Jeff Guillet, @expta
- Inspiration is the key. – Fabien Williams, @fabianwilliams
Get inspired at the Microsoft Ignite Keynote with Satya Nadella, Joe Belfiore, Gurdeep Singh Pall, and Brad Anderson. Don't forget the Showcase Keynote with Harry Shum as well. Many sessions are presented by independent industry experts, including featured speakers who are some of the leading visionaries in the industry. Check out sessions and theater presentations from our partners and community for further insights.
Microsoft Ignite Keynote Monday, May 4 | 9:00 A.M.–11:45 A.M. | Lakeside Hall D
Showcase Keynote Monday, May 4 | 5:00 P.M.–6:00 P.M. | Lakeside Hall D
Depth & breadth of content
- Variety of session content, from 100-200 level through 400 level sessions
- The latest technologies and Microsoft Certifications. – Heather Fitzpatrick, @hfitz11
- The chance to hang out and talk about what we learned, what we're interested in. Interactive white-boarding type sessions. – Scott Ladewig, @Ladewig
- Hands-on Labs where we have the opportunity to follow from beginning to end. – Fabian Williams, @fabianwilliams
The session catalog for Microsoft Ignite really does offer something for everyone—and you can find the content you're looking for with an array of filters and tags. With breakouts, keynotes, foundational keynotes, exam prep, theater sessions, and labs, you can experience a breadth of content and learning formats to meet your needs. Try out Mealtime Mashups to connect with like-minded attendees and continue the discussion over lunch. Network into the evening at After Hours, held at various Ignite hotels (check the OneNote Conference Guide for details).
Mealtime Mashups Tuesday through Thursday | 11:30 A.M.–2:30 P.M. | North Hall B
After Hours Sunday through Wednesday | 8:00 P.M.–11:00 P.M.
Go big for the party
- Book someone big and exciting. – Scott Ladewig, @Ladewig
This party is BIG. The Microsoft Ignite Celebration will feature one of Chicago's own GRAMMY-nominated, multi-platinum selling rock bands, plus incredible Chicago cuisine, local craft beer, music and entertainment galore! You won't want to miss the celebration!
Microsoft Ignite Celebration Thursday, May 7 | 6:30 P.M.–10:30 P.M. | Lakeside Center, McCormick Place
There's so much in store for you at Microsoft Ignite! For details, check MyIgnite, or your Microsoft Ignite OneNote Conference Guide.
See you at the first-ever Microsoft Ignite, May 4–8 in Chicago at McCormick Place.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.