Leading professionals will be flocking to Microsoft Ignite by the thousands in May. If you're among them, from the moment you touch down in Chicago you'll be connecting with others who are interested in your skills and insights. In business, this translates to opportunity. It's a chance to present yourself in the best light to build your network—and build your brand.
Show your expertise
Whether it's your coworkers, your boss, or others in your field, people look to you for answers. At Microsoft Ignite, you can stay on top of trends so the solutions you devise are all the more timely and valuable. If you have a social following, insights and information you pick up at the event can provide great fodder for your posts—triggering sharing and dialog with your voice at the center.
Here are a few ideas for sharing information from Microsoft Ignite:
- Post photos of keynote speakers with a quote from their talk.
- Tweet about the sessions you plan to attend.
- Live-tweet inspiring presentations.
- Share photos with valuable tips from breakouts.
- Vine a discussion with a leading expert.
Extend your brand
Do you have a technical blog that supports what you do or your identity as a thought leader? If not, maybe it's your time. Either way, you can build your following by sharing insights you gain at Microsoft Ignite. You'll find a range of high-level and deep-dive sessions at the event that can help you establish or solidify your niche, enrich your perspectives, or extend your brand to new readers.
Some ways to get the most value from sessions:
- Review the content to cherry-pick sessions that track to your interests.
- Use forums to reach out to key technologists before the event—and plan to meet.
- Drop in on sessions outside of your focus. Branch out.
Work it at the event
Whatever your unique perspectives, bring them to Microsoft Ignite. This is an unparalleled opportunity to be heard and shine. Moreover, it's this diversity of views and practices that we're expecting to create a collective force of innovation—an energy—that's unmatched at previous events. So bring your brilliance and—dare we say it?—ignite.
Not yet registered for Microsoft Ignite? Register now.