Download this episode
In this video, we'll create a fresh Debian 8 (jessie) Linux image with bootstrap-vz, then upload it to Azure and create a new VM. There is no need to roll out Hyper-V or any hypervisor to create a Linux image with the software that is necessary to run in Azure, and bootstrap-vz is a great piece of software for Debian and APT enthusiasts.
- sudo apt-get -y install python-setuptools parted kpartx qemu-utils
- git clone https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz.git
- cd bootstrap-vz/
- sudo python setup.py install
The azure-cli commands:
- azure vm image create Jessie-00 --location "South Central US" --os Linux /target/debian-jessie-amd64-150426.vhd
- azure vm create VM-Jessie-00 Jessie-00 -e 22 -l "South Central US" azureuser
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.