Download this episode
SNAPI, which is an awesome name for an API, is the State Notification API. It allows you to keep track of various aspects of your device. From the number of available network connections to the presence of a keyboard, SNAPI can tell you what's up.
Additionally, SNAPI can be used to monitor these system attributes and notify you upon a change. So, for example, if someone in the field who was previously out of range suddenly came within range of a network of some sort, SNAPI can let you know.
As always, you can read about my day job here, or visit my blog here.
Screencasts In This Series:
- An Introduction To Windows Mobile Development
- Building a Simple Web Browser With the .NET CF 2.0
- A Simple Data Driven Windows Mobile App Using SQL Server Mobile
- Data Synching: Part One
- Data Synching: Part Two
- Windows Mobile 5.0: State Notification API
- Windows Mobile 5.0: Pocket Outlook Object Model
- Windows Mobile 5.0: Camera API
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.