This is a looooooong (112 minutes, feature film length, bring popcorn) comprehensive feature and pattern overview talk specifically about the Windows Azure Service Bus and Service Bus for Windows Server brokered messaging capabilities.
Since 1h 52m may be a tad bit long to watch in one go, here are some time markers that you can jump to for hearing about particular feature areas you may be interested in:
- 0h 00m 00s Service Bus Intro
- 0:05:55 - Queues and Topics - Basics
- 0:15:15 - Programming Model Options and Protocols
- 0:23:05 - Message Model, Dimensions, and Mappings
- 0:33:37 - Message Delivery Options and Receive Operation Styles
- 0:39:20 - Service Pricing Model
- 0:42:52 - Brokered Messaging Patterns
- 0:51:18 - Select Composite Patterns
- 0:55:20 - Correlation Patterns
- 1:03:05 - Messaging Features - Send/Receive
- 1:11:24 - Topic Filters and Actions
- 1:18:11 - Sessions
- 1:28:49 - Transaction Support
- 1:34:25 - Time-To-Live and Scheduling
- 1:37:15 - Deadlettering
- 1:38:50 - Duplicate Detection
- 1:40:41 - Prefetching
- 1:42:12 - Auto Forwarding
- 1:46:00 - General Guidance - Resiliency and Async Operations
- 1:51:38 - Closing
Feedback and questions are welcome as always.
The slide deck can be viewed/downloaded from here; feel free to use the slide-deck for your own Service Bus presentations at conferences, or user-group events or within your team.