Ransomware 101: How to Protect and Mitigate your environment from Malware
Happy Halloween boys and girls! What’s spookier than ghouls and goblins for your PC? Well, that would be Ransomware and various other forms of malware of course! Lex Thomas welcomes back Jessica Payne to the show as they discuss how to protect and fix instances of devilish instances of malware in your environment.
- [5:20] What is Ransomware and why is it so popular with bad guys?
- [10:45] How do we prevent ransomware from getting on our machines?
- [24:52] How do we mitigate the problem if we get it?
Need more info? Check out Microsoft.com/Security
Send your comments or questions to the "Taste of Premier" Podcast show!
Follow the conversation @TasteofPremier
Become a Fan @ Facebook.com/PremierSupport
Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, Windows Phone Podcast Marketplace or RSS
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Websites & Blogs:
- How to Mitigate Pass-the-Hash and Other Forms of Credential Theft
- Securing your Desktop: How a Threat Becomes a Security Patch
- Microsoft Security Risk Assessment - How to Optimize Your IT Security Program
- Microsoft Threat Detection Service Overview
- Cybersecurity Incident Response
- Securing Your Active Directory Environment
- Protect Your Enterprise with the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Proactively Secure your IT Environment from Credential Theft with POP-SLAM