Lex Thomas welcome Manish Wardekar to the show as they discuss the end of support for Windows XP and why you should make the move to Windows 8 now. Tune in as they discuss the advantages of moving to a modern OS and the benefits of a flexible work style as they lay out the "what, the why and the how" and explain the pluses of modernizing your work environment.
- [2:20] Why migrate from Windows XP?
- [3:17] What is the flexible work style and what are its advantages for organizations?
- [6:05] What are some of the worries that customers are expressing for wanting to stay with XP?
- [11:43] How do you implement this flexible work style? What do end-users really care about?
- [18:36] How does this affect consumer owned devices when they bring them into the work environment?
Click here to send your comments or questions to the “Taste of Premier” Podcast show!
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier – How to Enable Hyper-V on Windows 8
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - How Windows To Go for Windows 8 can Work for You
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - Premier Support for Developers & “Surface! Surface! Surface!”
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - What’s New in Windows Phone 8
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - What’s New in Office 2013
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - Cyber Security and How to Protect Your Assets
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier - Multi-Forest Directory Consolidation with Office 365-D/ITAR
- TechNet Radio: Taste of Premier – How Premier Delivers Value to Our Customers
- Windows 8 Tips: Getting Started
- Windows 8 Tips: Mastering the Interface
- Windows 8 Tips: Productivity
- Windows 8 Tips: New Options and Features
- Windows 8 Tips: Security and Privacy
- Windows 8 Tips: Tweaks and Customizations