Digital Certificates 101: Understanding, Managing & Supporting Public Key Infrastructure & Active Directory Certificate Services
Digital certificates is a digital form of identification, much like a passport or driver's license. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provides the means for digital certificates to be used by issuing certificates and making them accessible through a directory. PKI also validates digital certificates by verifying the authenticity of the certificate, the validity of the certificate, and that the certificate is trustworthy.
Join Lex Thomas as he welcomes Wes Hammond to the show as they give us an in-depth overview of PKI and Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) as well as what Microsoft Premier offerings are available.
- [1:40] Why are digital certificates (PKI, Active Directory Certificates, etc.) important?
- [5:02] What can you tell us about PKI and the role it plays?
- [13:35] What is SHA-1 Deprecation?
- [20:50] What are some Premier offerings around ADCS?
Learn more about Microsoft Premier Support Services.
- Send your comments or questions to the "Taste of Premier" Podcast show!
- Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, Windows Phone Podcast Marketplace or RSS
Websites & Blogs:
- Privileged Access Workstations (PAWs): How to Prevent Attackers from Sensitive Accounts and Tasks
- Digital Spring Cleaning: Friendly Reminders on How to Protect and Mitigate your Environment from Malware
- How to Mitigate Pass-the-Hash and Other Forms of Credential Theft
- Securing your Desktop: How a Threat Becomes a Security Patch
- Microsoft Security Risk Assessment - How to Optimize Your IT Security Program
- Microsoft Threat Detection Service Overview
- Cybersecurity Incident Response
- Securing Your Active Directory Environment
- Protect Your Enterprise with the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Proactively Secure your IT Environment from Credential Theft with POP-SLAM
- Ransomware 101: How to Protect and Mitigate your environment from Malware