In honor of TechEd being less than a month away, we here at the TechEd team decided to ask some friends and TechEd Alumni if they would be willing to share their schedules and selection methodologies with the rest of the world. We've got three posts lined up with some possible IDEAS that you can use to help pre-populate your schedule. If you haven't yet started - get over to the Content Catalogue, sign in with your ID you used to register for TechEd and start scheduling!
Next up is Michael Bender,Microsoft MVP, MCT, MCSE, MCTS, VCP4/5, Instructor, Information Technology, Madison College
"Bender" is a passionate networker and community builder. He is a founding member of one of TechEds many social communities #TheKrewe and can usually be found connecting with IT Professionals while enjoying a local craft brew.
Before "Bender" gets into his schedule, he decided to share some thoughts about his selection process:
So I built my schedule for TechEd based on a few tenets...
I support my friends and industry colleagues 120% in everything they do so I try to attend their sessions whenever possible. Unfortunately, I have one timeslot double booked so I'll have to choose...
I have the time after TechEd to watch the stuff I NEED to know so I make sure to fill in sessions by my favorite speakers like Don Jones, Rick Claus, Joey Snow, Mark Minasi, Jeffrey Snover and Mark Russinovich. They always bring it during their sessions and it's great to see all of them live.
I am building a PowerShell course so I've got a few sessions on that from Don Jones and Jeffrey Snover.
I need to learn SQL so I'm checking out Mr. Denny's (a.k.a. Denny Cherry) session on SQL for non-DBAs.
I need to get more "cloudy" so I've built in sessions on Public/Hybrid/Private cloud and the infrastructure related to them.
I'm going to try some instructor led labs...Past experience with this has been OK.
I'm planning to work on my MCSE in the coming months so I'm attending an exam prep for 70-413 & 70-414.
I ALWAYS reserve the right to bail out to a Hallway session at any time. If I have a chance to meet with friends, vendors, or Microsoft peeps, I'll take those opportunities over a session anytime.
I revise my schedule daily depending on what I'm interested in at the time.
I double and triple booked some time frames in case I need a backup...
See you in Houston! - Michael Bender
TechEd 2014 Session Builder
Monday May 12th
Keynote Session, Hall B3 KEY01 TechEd Keynote , Room: Hall B3
- FDN06 Transform the Datacenter: Making the Promise of Connected Clouds a Reality , Speaker(s): Jeffrey Snover, Matt McSpirit, Elden Christensen, Jeff Woolsey
- DCIM-B210 How to Develop a Successful Hybrid Cloud Strategy , Speaker(s): Eduardo Kassner
- OFC-B210 Microsoft SharePoint Overview , Speaker(s): Cyrielle Simeone
- PCIT-B311 What's New in Enterprise Management with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Windows Intune , Speaker(s): Dave Randall, Craig Morris
- DCIM-B318 Windows PowerShell Unplugged with Jeffrey Snover , Speaker(s): Jeffrey Snover
- OFC-B220 Stop, Collaborate, and Listen , Speaker(s): Jessica DeVita
- DCIM-B325 The Real-World Guide to Upgrading Your IT Skills AND Your Infrastructure (part 1) , Speaker(s): Joey Snow, Rick Claus
- PCIT-B312 What's New in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Infrastructure , Speaker (s): Jim Dempsey
- DCIM-B326 The Real-World Guide to Upgrading Your IT Skills AND Your Infrastructure (part 2) , Speaker(s): Joey Snow, Rick Claus
- PCIT-B211 TWC: Surviving in the New IT Reality , Speaker(s): Ruud van Velsen, Janwillem Kok
- TechExpo Welcome Reception , Halls CD
Tuesday May 13th
- DCIM-B315 Cloud Optimized Networking in Windows Server 2012 R2 , Speaker(s): Bob Combs, Ravi Rao
- DCIM-B379 Competing with VMware vSphere: Microsoft Cloud Fundamentals with Virtualization , Speaker(s): Matt McSpirit, Jeff Woolsey
- DCIM-B411 Datacenter Integration Using Service Management Automation in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator , Speaker(s): Joe Levy, Chris Sanders
- DCIM-B412 Effortless Migration from VMware to Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V , Speaker(s): Maarten Goet, Marc van Eijk
- DCIM-IL304 Introducing Windows Azure Pack , Room: Hall E ILL Room 2 , Speaker(s): Michael Leworthy
- DBI-B214 Introduction to SQL Server Management for the Non-DBA , Speaker(s): Denny Cherry
- DCIM-IL308-R Windows Server 2012 R2: Introduction to Failover Clustering with Hyper-V Room: Hall E ILL Room 1 , Speaker(s): Symon Perriman
- DCIM-B417 A Practical Overview of Desired State Configuration , Speaker(s): Don Jones
- DCIM-B341 TWC: Live Demonstration: Hacker Tools You Should Know and Worry about in 2014 , Speaker (s): Marcus Murray, Hasain Alshakarti
- PCIT-IL305 Basic Software Distribution with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager , Room: Hall E ILL Room 3 , Speaker(s): Wally Mead
- DCIM-B340 TWC: Sysinternals Primer: TechEd 2014 Edition , Speaker(s): Aaron Margosis
- Ask the Experts, Halls AB
- Jam Sessions, House of Blues
Wednesday May 14th
- EXM10 Exam Prep: 70-413 and 70-414 - MCSE: Server Infrastructure , Room: Hilton L2 Ballrm F
- DCIM-IL300 Configuring Networking with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager , Room: Hall E ILL Room 1 , Speaker(s): Matt McSpirit
- DCIM-B359 TWC: Pass-the-Hash: How Attackers Spread and How to Stop Them , Speaker(s): Nathan Ide, Mark Russinovich
- DCIM-B372 TWC: How You Can Hack-Proof Your Clients and Servers in a Day , Speaker(s): Marcus Murray, Hasain Alshakarti
- DCIM-B418 Windows PowerShell Best Practices and Patterns: Time to Get Serious , Speaker(s): Don Jones
- DCIM-B380 What's New in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V , Speaker(s): Jeff Woolsey 1
Thursday May 15th
- WIN-B356 Modern Applications for IT Pros , Speaker(s): Mark Minasi
- DCIM-B368 TWC: Malware Hunting with Mark Russinovich and the Sysinternals Tools , Speaker(s): Nathan Ide, Mark Russinovich
- DCIM-B373 How IPv6 Impacts Private Cloud Deployments , Speaker(s): Edward Horley
- PCIT-B335 Windows Server Work Folders: A Deep Dive into the New Windows Server Data Sync Solution , Speaker(s): Fabian Uhse, Roiy Zysman