Learn from the masters. Join some the industry's leading experts at one of 10 all-day Pre-Conference Seminars, presented Sunday, May 11, 9:00am-5:00pm, at Microsoft TechEd North America in Houston.
Presented the day before the conference opens, Pre-Cons offer a unique opportunity to extend your learning experience at TechEd with a full day of focused discussion led by the rock stars of our industry. Seminars focus on topics most relevant to today's technology professionals, and content is designed to provide you with a deep knowledge base and skills that you can apply to your immediate business needs.
Attending a Pre-Con is an investment ($400 for TechEd attendees and $500 for Pre-Conference Seminar only) that lays a foundation to help you get more out of sessions and labs throughout the week. And, they offer the chance to tap into the knowledge and insights of speakers—many of whom are published authors who, literally, wrote the book(s) on their subject. You may be inspired to pick up a few of their titles to read before the conference!
Explore complete seminar descriptions for the TechEd Pre-Conference line-up (below), and be sure to read the speaker bios and visit their blogs.
- PRC01 | Hacking and Hardening Windows Infrastructure Workshop Join three distinguished Enterprise Security MVPs and top TechEd speakers for a knowledge boost about the most current security issues and countermeasures in the Windows ecosystem. Presented by: Hasain Alshakarti, Paula Januszkiewicz, Marcus Murray
- PRC02 | From Code to Release: DevOps for Developers Learn how to make shipping a feature you check off every time you finish your work. We take a .NET web application and show you how to ship locally and to Windows Azure as often as you want. Presented by: Mickey Goussett, Brian Randell
- PRC03 | A Day of the Latest Microsoft ASP.NET and Windows Azure Developer Enhancements Journey through the new features Microsoft has built into the ASP.NET Web Stack and Visual Studio 2013. Presented by: Brady Gaster, Scott Hunter
- PRC04 | Modernizing WPF Line-of-Business Applications This seminar is focused on showing .NET client developers, particularly Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) developers, how to modernize their Line-of-Business applications. Presented by: Robert Green
- PRC05 | DevOps: An IT Professional's Guide Learn hands-on about a variety of integrated solutions from Microsoft which can help you embrace a virtuous cycle of Plan-Develop-Release-Operate and establish a high-trust relationship between your development and operations teams. Presented by: David Tesar, Morgan Webb
- PRC06 | Deploying and Managing Windows in the Real World What does it take for organizations to deploy and manage Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone? This all-day seminar walks you through the entire process. Presented by:Ben Hunter, Michael Niehaus, Mikael Nystrom
- PRC07 | Installing Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Like a Pro Learn what you should consider when planning your SharePoint 2013 farm. Then, dig in and walk through a full farm installation. Presented by: Todd Klindt, Shane Young
- PRC08 | Delivering On-Premises Self-Service Solutions with the Windows Azure Pack for Windows Server Gain a deep understanding of the WAP technology, including building WaaS, DaaS, and IaaS solutions and integration automation for efficiency. Presented by: Bradley Bartz, Ryan O'Hara, Marc Umeno
- PRC09 | Hybrid Identity in a World of Consumerization Discover how ADFS and the Web Application proxy in Windows Server 2012 R2 combines with Active Directory, partner identity, Windows Azure Active Directory identity services, and create solutions that will take identity into the future. Presented by: John Craddock
- PRC10 | Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager in the Real World: Notes from the Field Join two of the world's foremost Configuration Manager 2012 R2 experts in a dazzling seminar on how to use Configuration Manager 2012 R2 in the real world. Presented by: Kent Agerlund, Johan Arwidmark
Have you registered for TechEd 2014?
Remember, when you register before December 31, 2013, you'll save $300 off your TechEd conference registration fee. Take advantage of Early Bird savings, and you'll cover most of the cost of a Pre-Conference Seminar.
If you've already registered for TechEd, it's not too late to add a Pre-Con to your agenda!
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.