As questions come in for TechEd North America on twitter at @TechEd_NA using hashtag #msTechEd, on the TechEd North America Facebook page and on the TechEd North America Forum, we're compiling the most frequently asked questions and posting the answers here.
Q1: When does registration start and end?
A1: Hint: Check-in on Sunday and avoid the Monday morning rush! If you are not able to check-in on Sunday, please plan to arrive at Registration in Hall F starting at 7:00 AM on Monday to check-in prior to the Keynote Session.
-Sunday, June 2 7:00-9:00 AM (Pre-Con attendees only) 9:00 AM -7:00 PM (For all)
-Monday, June 3 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
-Tuesday, June 4 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
-Wednesday, June 5 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
-Thursday, June 6 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Q2: Where is registration?
A2: Once you arrive at the NOMCC, please proceed to Hall F on Level 1 and locate the Self Check-in kiosks to check-in.
Q3: What is the shuttle schedule?
A3: The shuttle schedule and hotel pick-up locations are on page 12 of the conference guide. Continuous shuttle service is provided every 10-15 minutes between TechEd 2013 conference hotels and the NOMCC on the following schedule:
- Sunday, June 2 6:45am–7:15pm
- Monday, June 3 6:45am–9:15pm
- Tuesday, June 4 6:45am–9:15pm
- Wednesday, June 5 6:45am–9:15pm
- Thursday, June 6 6:45am–6:15pm (then closing party shuttle service between hotels and Superdome from 7:15pm-12:15am).
Q4: Will there be shuttle service to and from venue to the Closing Party?
A4: Yes. There will be Continuous shuttle service between TechEd hotels and Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Thursday, June 6 7:15pm–12:15am.
Q5: Where is the Information Center in the NOMCC?
A5: The Information Center is in the Hall E Lobby on Level 1.
Q6: Where can I recharge my electronics?
A6: There are device charging areas in the TechEd Commons in Halls CDE as well as on Level 2, across from the New Orleans Theater. As a benefit for TechEd Alumni, you can recharge your electronics in the Alumni Lounge (see page 37 of the conference guide for hours).
Q7: Will there be lunch for pre-con attendees?
A7: Yes. Pre-con attendees will receive a lunch ticket when they register onsite with the time and location of lunch for Sunday, June 2nd.
Q8: Where can I get a map of the venue?
A8: You can get a map of the event here: http://northamerica.msteched.com/GetReady. See the TechEd map on pages 6-7 of the conference guide, which you will get at registration.
Q9: Where do I get the TechEd App?
A9: Plan your schedule from the web site or one of several apps! Get direct access to the TechEd Schedule Builder, Speaker info, news posts, maps and more with the Channel 9 Events app for Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS or Android. Search the app store for "Ch9 Events" or go here.
Q10: I'm experiencing trouble with my Ch9 Events App. Who should I contact?
A10: Please see the blog post here to troubleshoot the app: http://www.eventboardmobile.com/Ch9Events/
Q11: Where can I acquire session materials?
A11: Session materials are distributed digitally and are associated with sessions within schedule builder.
Q12: Where is TechExpo being held?
A12: Halls CDEF
Q13: Where can I watch the live streams?
Q14: What content will be streamed and available on-demand? And, when will they become available?
A14: Don't miss out! The following sessions are the Best of TechEd sessions streamed lived from New Orleans:
- Transform the Datacenter with Server and Management Innovations from Microsoft
- APTs: Cybercrime, Cyber Attacks, Warfare and Threats Exposed
- What's New with Windows 8 BitLocker and Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Management (MBAM) 2.0
- Live Demonstration: Hacker Tools You Should Know and Worry About
- How Many Coffees (New 2013 Edition) Can You Drink While Your PC Starts?
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Orchestrator: Integration Packs
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Storage Performance
- Configuring and Tuning Windows 8
- Cybercrime: The 2013 Ultimate Survival Guide
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Tips & Tricks
- Hackers (Not) Halted
- Adventures in Underland: What Passwords Do When No One Is Watching
- License to Kill: Malware Hunting with the Sysinternals Tools
- Case of the Unexplained 2013: Windows Troubleshooting with Mark Russinovich
- Sysinternals Primer: TechEd 2013 Edition
On breaks between sessions, you will find Joey Snow and Rick Claus and the Channel 9 team broadcasting live, unscripted, and 100% interactive from within the Microsoft Solutions Experience (in the TechExpo). Hosts will be speaking with executives, engineers, session presenters, industry luminaries and YOU! Be a part of the conversation in-person or online via Twitter. Send your questions and comments by referencing @ch9live in your tweet and the Channel 9 host may ask guests your question live on the air.
The TechEd Content Catalog provides you with year-round access to session presentations from TechEd 2013, plus on-demand viewing at https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/northAmerica/2013. Sessions will be available here within 24-48 hours after the session is presented.
Q15: What is being served for lunch each day?
A15: The lunch entrees during the event are:
- Mon: Beef Stroganoff, Roasted Salmon, Vegetable Lasagna, Mushroom Dirty Rice
- Tues: Roasted Pork Loin, Blackened Chicken, Cajun Vegetarian Cassoulet, Yukon Potatoes, Mache Choux
- Wed: Beef Brisket, Oven Roasted Turkey, Vegetarian Red Beans & Rice, Local Herbed Rice
- Thurs: Blackened Catfish, Voodoo Spiced Chicken Breast, Eggplant Lentil Moussaka, Potatoes & Ratatouille
Note each meal also includes salads, desserts and freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, iced and hot tea. Bon Appétit!
Q16: How many people will be at TechEd North America this year?
A16: More than 10,000 people will be at the event!
Q17: How do I learn about the special Surface offer?
A17: The details on the special Surface offer are listed here.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.