As questions come in for TechEd North America on twitter at @TechEd_NA using hashtag #msTechEd, on the TechEd North America Facebook page and on the TechEd North America Forum, we're compiling the most frequently asked questions and posting the answers here.
Q1: When does registration start and end?
A1: Hint: Check-in on Sunday and avoid the Monday morning rush! If you are not able to check-in on Sunday, please plan to arrive at Registration in Hall F starting at 7:00 AM on Monday to check-in prior to the Keynote Session.
-Sunday, June 2 7:00-9:00 AM (Pre-Con attendees only) 9:00 AM -7:00 PM (For all)
-Monday, June 3 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
-Tuesday, June 4 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
-Wednesday, June 5 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
-Thursday, June 6 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Q2: Where is registration?
A2: Once you arrive at the NOMCC, please proceed to Hall F on Level 1 and locate the Self Check-in kiosks to check-in.
Q3: What is the shuttle schedule?
A3: The shuttle schedule and hotel pick-up locations are on page 12 of the conference guide. Continuous shuttle service is provided every 10-15 minutes between TechEd 2013 conference hotels and the NOMCC on the following schedule:
- Sunday, June 2 6:45am–7:15pm
- Monday, June 3 6:45am–9:15pm
- Tuesday, June 4 6:45am–9:15pm
- Wednesday, June 5 6:45am–9:15pm
- Thursday, June 6 6:45am–6:15pm (then closing party shuttle service between hotels and Superdome from 7:15pm-12:15am).
Q4: Will there be shuttle service to and from venue to the Closing Party?
A4: Yes. There will be Continuous shuttle service between TechEd hotels and Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Thursday, June 6 7:15pm–12:15am.
Q5: Where is the Information Center in the NOMCC?
A5: The Information Center is in the Hall E Lobby on Level 1.
Q6: Where can I recharge my electronics?
A6: There are device charging areas in the TechEd Commons in Halls CDE as well as on Level 2, across from the New Orleans Theater. As a benefit for TechEd Alumni, you can recharge your electronics in the Alumni Lounge (see page 37 of the conference guide for hours).
Q7: Will there be lunch for pre-con attendees?
A7: Yes. Pre-con attendees will receive a lunch ticket when they register onsite with the time and location of lunch for Sunday, June 2nd.
Q8: Where can I get a map of the venue?
A8: You can get a map of the event here: https://northamerica.msteched.com/GetReady. See the TechEd map on pages 6-7 of the conference guide, which you will get at registration.
Q9: Where do I get the TechEd App?
A9: Plan your schedule from the web site or one of several apps! Get direct access to the TechEd Schedule Builder, Speaker info, news posts, maps and more with the Channel 9 Events app for Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS or Android. Search the app store for "Ch9 Events" or go here.
Q10: I'm experiencing trouble with my Ch9 Events App. Who should I contact?
A10: Please see the blog post here to troubleshoot the app: http://www.eventboardmobile.com/Ch9Events/
Q11: Where can I acquire session materials?
A11: Session materials are distributed digitally and are associated with sessions within schedule builder.
Q12: Where is TechExpo being held?
A12: Halls CDEF
Q13: Where can I watch the live streams?
Q14: What content will be streamed and available on-demand? And, when will they become available?
A14: Don't miss out! The following sessions are the Best of TechEd sessions streamed lived from New Orleans:
- Transform the Datacenter with Server and Management Innovations from Microsoft
- APTs: Cybercrime, Cyber Attacks, Warfare and Threats Exposed
- What's New with Windows 8 BitLocker and Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Management (MBAM) 2.0
- Live Demonstration: Hacker Tools You Should Know and Worry About
- How Many Coffees (New 2013 Edition) Can You Drink While Your PC Starts?
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Orchestrator: Integration Packs
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Storage Performance
- Configuring and Tuning Windows 8
- Cybercrime: The 2013 Ultimate Survival Guide
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Tips & Tricks
- Hackers (Not) Halted
- Adventures in Underland: What Passwords Do When No One Is Watching
- License to Kill: Malware Hunting with the Sysinternals Tools
- Case of the Unexplained 2013: Windows Troubleshooting with Mark Russinovich
- Sysinternals Primer: TechEd 2013 Edition
On breaks between sessions, you will find Joey Snow and Rick Claus and the Channel 9 team broadcasting live, unscripted, and 100% interactive from within the Microsoft Solutions Experience (in the TechExpo). Hosts will be speaking with executives, engineers, session presenters, industry luminaries and YOU! Be a part of the conversation in-person or online via Twitter. Send your questions and comments by referencing @ch9live in your tweet and the Channel 9 host may ask guests your question live on the air.
The TechEd Content Catalog provides you with year-round access to session presentations from TechEd 2013, plus on-demand viewing at https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/northAmerica/2013. Sessions will be available here within 24-48 hours after the session is presented.
Q15: What is being served for lunch each day?
A15: The lunch entrees during the event are:
- Mon: Beef Stroganoff, Roasted Salmon, Vegetable Lasagna, Mushroom Dirty Rice
- Tues: Roasted Pork Loin, Blackened Chicken, Cajun Vegetarian Cassoulet, Yukon Potatoes, Mache Choux
- Wed: Beef Brisket, Oven Roasted Turkey, Vegetarian Red Beans & Rice, Local Herbed Rice
- Thurs: Blackened Catfish, Voodoo Spiced Chicken Breast, Eggplant Lentil Moussaka, Potatoes & Ratatouille
Note each meal also includes salads, desserts and freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, iced and hot tea. Bon Appétit!
Q16: How many people will be at TechEd North America this year?
A16: More than 10,000 people will be at the event!
Q17: How do I learn about the special Surface offer?
A17: The details on the special Surface offer are listed here.