This content is no longer current.
This is it! Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference is taking place this week in San Francisco, and there is so much to do! We have challenges, quizzes – and giveaways! – all tied to Build. And the best part of all? You can participate in most of these activities, even if you are watching it all unfold from another part of the world!
For starters, everyone that logs onto TechRewards from March 30th – April 1st will get an exclusive Build badge to add to your profile. We are also going to have more Challenges than you ever thought possible, and this includes special coding challenges to test your skills as a developer. Keep your eye on the Challenges section of TechRewards this week – there will be new updates every day!
In addition to the challenges above, we will have some special quizzes available in alignment with all of the live streaming sessions and keynotes taking place during Build. If you are not at the event, you will be able to tune in to Channel 9 to watch some of these presentations as they happen. . This is a great way to kick off your participation in Build 2016 – and if you pass our test, we will add 5 PTS/150 XP to your TechRewards account. Since we have so much going on for Build this year, make sure you don't miss out on anything taking by peek at the list below for when each Challenge will be available:
Monday March 28th, 2016
- Build Code Challenge: Using Azure API Apps (Coming Soon)
- Build Code Challenge: Build a Node.js App Using Visual Studio Code (Coming Soon)
- Build Code Challenge: Build Websites with ASP.NET Core 1.0 (Coming Soon)
- Build Code Challenge: Building Apps for Unity (Coming Soon)
- Build Code Challenge: Debugging and Diagnostics – XAML (Coming Soon)
- Build Code Challenge: What's new in TypeScript (Coming Soon)
- Get the Latest Windows App and Game News with AppRaisin!
- Promote Your App or Game Via AppRaisin!
Wednesday March 30th, 2016
- Build Keynote 1 Quiz
- Build 2016: Building a Conversational Agent: 0-60 (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: Introducing Visual Studio vNext (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: VS 2015 Extensibility and Marketplace (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: TnR Foundation (Coming Soon)
Thursday March 31st, 2016
- Build Keynote 2 Quiz (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: Cross-platform Mobile with Xamarin (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: .NET Overview (Foundational Talk) (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: ASP.NET Core 1.0 (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: What's New in Managed Languages (C#, vNext, etc.) (Coming Soon)
Friday April 1st, 2016**as a note please make sure to click the link after the session has concluded, so you can begin the quiz!
- Build 2016: Learning from Failures (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: Deploying ASP.NET Core Apps (IIS, Azure, Docker, etc.) (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: ASP.NET Core: MVA Deep Dive (Coming Soon)
- Build 2016: Building Large Scale, Highly Available Solutions on Azure-Learning (Coming Soon)
**Note: Please make sure to click the link after the session has concluded, so you can begin the quiz!
And, as a special treat for everyone who is watching Build online this year, we are going to give away a ton of cool TechRewards swag this week! To be entered to win, send a Tweet to @MSDev using the Hashtags #TechRewards and #Build2016. The giveaways will take place from 8 am – 6 pm on March 29 and 30, and then again from 8 am – 3 pm on April 1 (no foolin'). We will be holding a drawing every hour during the entry period, and you can send us a Tweet once/hour to enter for a chance to win. Please note: If you do win a prize, you will not be able to enter again for an additional prize during this promotion.
Lastly, for all of you on Twitter, remember to update your profile pictures with the Build 2016 badge! Please visit here and follow steps to add a fun overlay to your picture in celebration of Build 2016.
There is a lot to do this week at Build! Let's make every minute count!