Microsoft Dev Center
Empowering Students & Academics
Microsoft Imagine (DreamSpark)
Microsoft Imagine (DreamSpark) is a Microsoft Program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes.
- Microsoft Imagine (DreamSpark) is simple: it's all about giving students Microsoft professional-level developer and designer tools at no cost so that students can chase their dreams and create the next big breakthrough in technology - or just get a head start on their career.
- Microsoft Imagine (DreamSpark) helps educators teach the latest technologies and experiment in research. Microsoft knows that to make learning more motivating, relevant, and engaging for today's students requires a diverse set of resources. DreamSpark gives educators the resources to ensure their classrooms always have the latest technologies to challenge, motivate, and keep students engaged in new ways.
Microsoft Azure in Education
Using Azure in your research or in teaching a course? Microsoft is committed to supporting education and has various programs to meet your needs. For example, Azure Educator Grant is a program designed specifically to provide access to Microsoft Azure to college and university professors teaching advanced courses. As part of the program, faculty teaching Azure in their curricula are awarded subscriptions to support their course.
Microsoft Imagine Cup
Microsoft's Imagine Cup is the world's most prestigious student technology competition, bringing together student innovators from all over the world. If you have a great idea for a new app, you can bring it to life through the Imagine Cup and win cash prizes and worldwide recognition!
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps startups succeed by giving free access to Microsoft cloud services, software and support. Since 2008, over 100,000 startups have joined BizSpark....and counting BizSpark includes:
- Up to $750 per month of FREE Azure cloud services for 3 years; that's $150 per month each for up to 5 developers.
- A full suite of development and test software and tools such as Visual Studio, Windows and Office.
- Access to hundreds of FREE training classes, technical content plus 4 break-fix phone support incidents.
Internship at Microsoft Innovation Center (MIC)
Any student can greatly benefit from getting involved with the MIC. You can participate in an Imagine Cup project, attend low- or no-cost technical training at MIC IT Academy, or get free access to Microsoft tools through DreamSpark. Most of the MICs participate in student-oriented activities and will work closely with you to help you reach your goals.
Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA)
Microsoft Virtual Academy provides free, online training to help Developers, IT and Data Professionals, and students learn the latest technology, build their skills, and advance their careers.
Empowering Developers & IT Professionals
Microsoft Visual Studio Dev Essentials
Get everything you need to build and deploy your app on any platform. With state-of-the-art tools, the power of the cloud, training, and support, it's our most comprehensive free developer program ever:
- Tools to develop for any platform – for free. Tools include an extensible integrated development environment and code editors for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows
- Access to cloud services such as compute and storage, backend services for your mobile or web apps, services for IoT, machine learning, and analytics.
- Azure credit ($25/month for 12 months)*
- Visual Studio Team Services account with five users*
- App Service free tier
- HockeyApp free tier
- Application Insights free tier
- Free access to technical training from industry leaders such as Pluralsight, Wintellect, and Xamarin and priority support on MSDN forums.
Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials
Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials is a free annual subscription which includes cloud services, education, and support benefits. IT Pro Cloud Essentials provides IT Implementers with hands-on experience, targeted educational opportunities, and access to experts in areas that matter most to increase knowledge and create a path to career advancement. Tools to develop for any platform – for free. Tools include an extensible integrated development environment and code editors for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows
A Microsoft Certification validates your expertise in a Microsoft technology. As a Microsoft Certified Professional, you'll have access to community resources and tools that allow you to exchange ideas with peers, increase your knowledge and skills, and broaden your career opportunities.