This workshop provided the opportunity to align with over 200 partners from the Windows community. Topics focused on the portfolio of hardware coming for consumer, enterprise, education and IoT customers as well as the technical details on how to implement Windows 10 IoT for a targeted professional or maker devices.
Highlights from the event include:
- Windows 10 Executive Briefing: Overview from our partner teams of the 2016 hardware portfolio of devices from the community and the Windows 10 "Hero" features that they will enable. This included opportunities across the Windows product matrix including desktop, mobile, and IoT including Azure.
- Windows 10 IoT Core implementation presentations and hands-on-lab: Technical deep dive into Windows 10 IoT offerings, specific features and best practices to implement them on the broad range of community devices.
- Windows Community Partner SeeedStudio: Albert Miao CTO at SeeedStudio joined us to present to the community on hardware modularization within the Internet of Things highlighting their work with Windows 10 IoT and Azure. He also announced the GrovePi+ Starter Kit for Windows 10 IoT.
- Shenzhen Student Maker Competition: Working together with our community partner MakeBlock, we were able to bring together Windows10 IoT core with the Makeblock robot to conduct a science and technology education concept and promote education development in the local Shenzhen community. Together we had the pleasure of hosting our first "Student Maker Competition", in hopes to motivate student learning through modern teaching methods to nurture an exciting atmosphere for student's. The middle school students built their own robot that they controlled with an XBox controller to compete against each other in a soccer match. Congratulations to the team from Shenzhen Experimental School who won first prize at the competition.
- Hardware Community Booths: Showcasing devices running Windows 10 and Azure. Partners included SeeedStudio, Makeblock, Intel, Qualcomm, Aurora, DTR, E-Jeton, iComexe, linknext, Neoway, Nexcom, ThinPad, Thundersoft, Tiantao, Toradex, Unistrong, Vantron, Wissea, Xlink, Xunlong and Zerouav.
We would also like to thank our community partners from IOTA, SeeedStudio and MakeBlock for helping to make our event a great success.
You can download the presentations from the event at the links below or download them all:
The WinHEC Team