This workshop provided the opportunity to align with nearly 100 partners from the Windows community on the technical details on how to implement Windows 10 across the broad range of partner devices including PC's, Phones, Tablets and IoT for targeted consumer, enterprise education or maker devices.
Highlights from the event include:
- Windows 10 Mobile Implementation: Overview of the end to end development process and tools used to deliver Windows 10 Mobile including image customization & creation and device testing through the Hardware Lab Kit (HLK).
- Windows 10 Desktop implementation: Overview of the driver publishing process and policies for supporting updates to Windows 10. We also covered the details to implement and test Windows 10 "Hero" features including Windows Hello through Face Authentication, Continuum, and USB Type C for the broad range of community devices.
- Windows 10 IoT Core implementation presentations and hands-on-labs: Technical deep dive into Windows 10 IoT offerings, specific features and best practices to implement them on the broad range of community devices.
- Hardware Community Booths: Showcasing devices running Windows 10 and Azure. Partners included Acer, Advantech, AsMedia, Genesys, iEi, ITRI, Nexcom, Posiflex, Quanta, Realtek, VIA, and Wacom.
You can download the presentations from the event at the links below or download them all:
- Windows 10 Mobile End to End Development Overview
- Windows 10 Mobile Image Creation
- Windows 10 Mobile on the Hardware Lab Kit (HLK)
- Windows 10 "Hero" Features: USB Type & Continuum
- Windows 10 "Hero" Feature: Windows Hello with Face Authentication
- Windows 10 "Hero" Feature: Windows Hello with Face Authentication Testing
- Windows 10 Upgrade Driver Publishing Process & Policy*
- Create the Internet of Your Things: Microsoft Vision for IoT
- Building & Servicing a Secure IoT Device
- Building & Debugging Drivers for IoT
- Developing Connected Devices using the AllJoyn DSB
- Connect Your Device to the Azure Cloud Service
The WinHEC Team
*(Only available on Connect, please contact your MS representative if you do not have access)