Download this episode
Datacastle provides a way for businesses to protect vulnerable data with backup, recovery, encryption, and even data shredding if laptops might be lost or stolen.
The data protection server console manage protection is both on premises and hosted in Windows Azure. It also includes a Web Services interface in the Windows Azure Platform that allows ITPros to integrate with other management consoles. In addition data can be deleted based on a command given to the the admin console running in Windows Azure.
Datacastle CEO Ron Faith talks with Bruce Kyle, ISV Architect Evangelist, about how users and ITPros protect laptop data from in the cloud. He also describes the lessons learned in moving the server software to the cloud.
Datacastle provides a way for businesses to protect high business impact information assets with data backup, recovery, encryption, and even data shredding if laptops are lost or stolen.
Datacastle RED includes secure data deduplication and is available as a hosted solution in Windows Azure or as an on premise implementation. Datacastle RED's features can be self-managed by end users or centrally-managed by IT using the administrative console that runs in Windows Azure. Datacastle's Web Services interface in the Windows Azure Platform also allows ITPros to integrate with other management and reporting consoles.
Other ISV Videos
For other videos of ISVs using Windows Azure, see:
- Quark/Sir Speedy Azure Case Study
- Aspect leverages storage + compute in call center application
- Scaling Web Sites with Azure and Local Cache
- Vidizmo - Nadeem Khan, President, Vidizmo talks about technology, roadmap and Microsoft partnership
Other ISV Videos
For videos on Windows Phone 7, see:
- Teenager Makes Money Writing Windows Phone 7 Apps with AdCenter
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
For videos on Windows Azure Platform, see:
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- ProModel Adds Simulation, Visualization to Microsoft Project
- Slingbox Maker Sling Media Describes Cross-Platform Commitment to Silverlight
For more news, tips, and links to developer training, see the US ISV Community blog.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.