In Part 3 of this series, ISV Architect Evangelist Bruce Kyle, explores three ways of using the parallel library features in .NET 4, System.Threading.Tasks, in your application.
- Using System.Threading.Tasks.Task class library
- Using Parallel For, ForEach, and Invoke
- Using Parallel LINQ to Objects
In this three part series, see how you can use new features in .NET Framework 4 to take advantage of multi-core processors.
- In Part 1 of the series, we show why you care about multiple processors and how it can effect the performance in your application.
- In Part 2 we compare the new features in .NET with Threads.
- In Part 3 we show three ways of using the parallel features to enable your application for multi-core processors.
For more information and to see the code used in the video, see How to Get Started with Multi-Core: Parallel Processing You Can Use.Other parallel computing resources:
- MSDN Concurrency Dev-Center
- Dev-Team Blogs
For up to date information for developers and ISVs, see US ISV Developer Community Blog