The site for MIX was created in Wordpress on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2.
The team describes how designers and Web developers work closely together to create the product for visitmix.
They also describe how to use TypeKit to provide fonts that are not web-safe. TypeKit allowed them to create cool sites that are optimized for search engines (SEO) without using images.
For more information about Okapi, see Okapi, Endless Mural with HTML5 and IE9 on Channel 9.
Plexipixel is a full-service digital agency that helps companies strategize, conceptualize, execute, maintain, and measure their digital marketing efforts. Plexipixel uses “Sticky Brand Play”™, their 360-degree collaborative
design and development process. Plexipixel is a Silverlight Partner, 2009 Microsoft Vendor Excellence Award Finalist, Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant and Blend TAP Participant.
The MIX Online team enlisted for Plexipixel's deep WordPress experience to help design and develop a new informational website, WordPress on Microsoft.
Other ISV Videos
For videos on developing for Windows Phone 7, see:
- Teenager Makes Money Writing Windows Phone 7 Apps with AdCenter
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
For videos on Windows Azure Platform, see:
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- ProModel Adds Simulation, Visualization to Microsoft Project
- Slingbox Maker Sling Media Describes Cross-Platform Commitment to Silverlight
For more news, tips, and links to developer training, see the US ISV Community blog.