RES Software uses SQL Azure to offer cloud storage for user desktop configurations. The company also offers on premises storage options.
In this video ISV Architect Evangelist Bruce Kyle talks with CTO Bob Janssen about how and why they company offers both SQL Azure and SQL Server storage options for their customers.
RES Software is the proven leader in user workspace management. They driving a transformation in the way today’s organizations manage and reduce the cost of their PC populations. Designed for physical or virtual desktop platforms, RES Software enables IT professionals to centrally manage, automate and deliver secure, personalized and more productive desktop experiences for any user.
For more information about how RES Software users access their desktop information in the cloud, see RG021 – How to create a MS SQL Azure Database on their company blog.
For other videos showing ISVs using Windows Azure, see:
- From Paper to the Cloud -- Epson's Cloud App for Printer, Scanner and Windows Azure
- Quark/Sir Speedy Azure Case Study
- Aspect leverages storage + compute in call center application
- Scaling Web Sites with Azure and Local Cache
- Vidizmo - Nadeem Khan, President, Vidizmo talks about technology, roadmap and Microsoft partnership
For more news, tips, and links to developer training, see the US ISV Community blog.