Download this episode
StorSimple provides a hybrid storage solution that combines on-premises storage with a scalable, on-demand cloud storage model. StorSimple integrates with several cloud storage providers, including Windows Azure. Dr. Ian Howells, CMO for StorSimple, talks with Developer Evangelist Wes Yanaga about how the team created a solution that enables companies to seamlessly integrate cloud storage services for Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Windows Server. Howells describes why the company offers storage on Azure and how that benefits its customers.
StorSimple uses an algorithm that tiers storage to an on-premises, high-performance disk or to Windows Azure Blob storage to optimize performance.
To address performance issues with on-premises data storage, a data compression process eliminates redundant data segments and minimizes the amount of storage space that an application consumes. At the same time that StorSimple optimizes storage space for data-intensive applications, it uses Cloud Clones—a patented StorSimple technology—to persistently store copies of application data in the cloud.
With StorSimple and Windows Azure, customers maintain control of their data and can take advantage of public cloud services with security-enhanced data connections. StorSimple uses Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control to provide rule-based authorization to validate requests and connect the on-premises applications to the cloud. Customers who deploy StorSimple use a private key to encrypt the data with AES-256 military-grade encryption before it is pushed to Windows Azure, helping to enhance security and ensure that data can only be retrieved by the customer.
StorSimple provides application-optimized cloud storage for Microsoft Server applications. StorSimple's mission is to bring the benefits of the cloud to on-premises applications without forcing the migration of applications into the cloud. StorSimple manages storage and backup for working set apps such as Microsoft SharePoint, shared file drives, Microsoft Exchange, and virtual machine libraries, offering SSD performance with cloud elasticity.
Other ISV Videos
For videos on Windows Azure Platform, see:
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
- Crowd-Sourcing Public Sector App for Windows Phone, Azure
- Food Buster Game Achieves Scalability with Windows Azure
- BI Solutions Join On-Premises To Windows Azure Using Star Analytics Command Center
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- ProModel Adds Simulation, Visualization to Microsoft Project
- Slingbox Maker Sling Media Describes Cross-Platform Commitment to Silverlight
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Thumb-Driven Workflow on Windows 7 Slates from Blue Dot Solutions
Up to Date News for ISVs and Software Developers
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.