Download this episode
Bruce Kyle of Microsoft and Stuart Celarier of CheckFree explore the new languages features in C#. It's a whirlwind tour of the important language features since C# 1. Stuart describes the feature and why it is useful. But doesn't get into best practices nor suggested usages. Just the facts about the feature.
Whirlwinds are bite-sized webcasts, each is shorter than 15 minutes. You can start anywhere in the series to learn about the parts you're most interested in.
In Part 1 about generics, Stuart describes:
- What generics are.
- How generics compare with collections.
- How the compiler treats generics.
- He also describes how generics increase performance and save memory.
This feature is part of C# 2 in .NET 2.0.
Discover the entire series on C#.
What's new in C# 2
- Whirlwind 1 - Generics
- Whirlwind 2 - Iterators
- Whirlwind 3 - Partial types, Anonymous methods
- Whirlwind 4 - Accessors, Static Classes, Nullable Types
What's new in C# 3
- Whirlwind 5 - Automatically Implemented Properties, Type Inference, Initializer
- Whirlwind 6 - Anonymous types, Extension method
- Whirlwind 7 - Lambda Expressions
- Whirlwind 8 - Linq
What's new in C# 4
- Whirlwind 9 - Introducing C# 4
- Whirlwind 10 - Dynamic Lookup
- Whirlwind 11 - Named & Optional Parameters
- Whirlwind 12 - More COM Love
- Whirlwind 13 - Covariance & Contravariance
- Whirlwind 14 - Events
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.