Download this episode
Bruce Kyle of Microsoft and Stuart Celarier of CheckFree explore the new languages features in C#. It's a whirlwind tour of the important language features since C# 1. Stuart describes the feature and why it is useful. But doesn't get into best practices nor suggested usages. Just the facts about the feature.
Whirlwinds are bite-sized webcasts, each is shorter than 15 minutes. You can start anywhere in the series to learn about the parts you're most interested in.
In Part 1 about generics, Stuart describes:
- What generics are.
- How generics compare with collections.
- How the compiler treats generics.
- He also describes how generics increase performance and save memory.
This feature is part of C# 2 in .NET 2.0.
Discover the entire series on C#.
What's new in C# 2
- Whirlwind 1 - Generics
- Whirlwind 2 - Iterators
- Whirlwind 3 - Partial types, Anonymous methods
- Whirlwind 4 - Accessors, Static Classes, Nullable Types
What's new in C# 3
- Whirlwind 5 - Automatically Implemented Properties, Type Inference, Initializer
- Whirlwind 6 - Anonymous types, Extension method
- Whirlwind 7 - Lambda Expressions
- Whirlwind 8 - Linq
What's new in C# 4
- Whirlwind 9 - Introducing C# 4
- Whirlwind 10 - Dynamic Lookup
- Whirlwind 11 - Named & Optional Parameters
- Whirlwind 12 - More COM Love
- Whirlwind 13 - Covariance & Contravariance
- Whirlwind 14 - Events
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.