ISV Architect Evangelist Bruce Kyle of Microsoft and MVP Stuart Celarier explore the new languages features in C#. It's a Whirlwind Tour of the important language features of C# 4. Stuart describes each major feature and why it is useful. But doesn't get into best practices nor suggested usages. Just the facts about each feature.
Whirlwinds are bite-sized webcasts, generally shorter than 15 minutes. You can start anywhere in the series to learn about the parts you're most interested in.
Stuart describes the feature that VB programmers have known, using parameters by name and having default values set on parameters that are not specified.
Discover the entire series on C#.
What's new in C# 2
- Whirlwind 1 - Generics
- Whirlwind 2 - Iterators
- Whirlwind 3 - Partial types, Anonymous methods
- Whirlwind 4 - Accessors, Static Classes, Nullable Types
What's new in C# 3
- Whirlwind 5 - Automatically Implemented Properties, Type Inference, Initializer
- Whirlwind 6 - Anonymous types, Extension method
- Whirlwind 7 - Lambda Expressions
- Whirlwind 8 - Linq
What's new in C# 4
- Whirlwind 9 - Introducing C# 4
- Whirlwind 10 - Dynamic Lookup
- Whirlwind 11 - Named & Optional Parameters
- Whirlwind 12 - More COM Love
- Whirlwind 13 - Covariance & Contravariance
- Whirlwind 14 - Events