Simon Said game on began life as a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) application that showed off touch user experience. Since then, it's become an advertising supported application for Windows Phone 7.
David Kelley, User Experience Architect for Wirestone, explains how you can get AdCenter working to monetize your Phone application. He talks with ISV Architect Evangelist Bruce Kyle about the performance considerations he did to move his application from WPF to Windows Phone.
Getting Started with AdCenter
See the AdCenter site Monetize your Windows Phone 7 Apps.
- Download the Ad Control SDK. Download the Ad SDK to build your app and run ads in test mode that requires no on-boarding to try out the Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone 7.
- Register your mobile apps on pubCenter. Sign up and register your Windows Phone apps using Microsoft Advertising's solution for Windows Phone 7 publishers and app developers.
- Implement and Submit. Set the Application Id and Ad Unit Id properties in the Ad Control and submit your ad-enabled app to the Windows Phone marketplace.
See the three training videos are now available to help you build, register, and manage your Windows Phone 7 ad-enabled apps:
- Create an Ad in a Windows Phone 7 XNA Game App.
- Register Ad-Enabled Windows Phone 7 Apps.
- Measure Ad Performance of Windows Phone 7 Apps.
Getting Started on Windows Phone 7
Tools are free. Get started on Windows Phone 7 or XBox at App Hub.
Windows Phone 7 in 7 tutorials on MSDEV. Each short, to-the-point video in this series highlights a feature of Windows Phone 7 in less than 7 minutes. This is a series for developers who want to pick up the basics quickly with brief explanations and hands-on examples. Demonstrations and code samples are based on the beta release of the Windows Phone 7 Developer.
Free Help for Windows Phone 7
Join Microsoft Platform Ready for free assistance in developing and marketing your Windows Phone 7 applications.
Other ISV Videos
For videos on developing for Windows Phone 7, see:
- State and Local Governments for Windows Phone 7 applications.
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
- XNA Game Development on Windows Phone 7 in One Sitting
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- ProModel Adds Simulation, Visualization to Microsoft Project
- Thumb-Driven Workflow on Windows 7 Slates from Blue Dot Solutions
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
- Crowd-Sourcing Public Sector App for Windows Phone, Azure
- Food Buster Game Achieves Scalability with Windows Azure
Up to Date News for ISVs and Software Developers