Download this episode
A small mobile app development shop of professional video game developers who create XNA games for Windows
Phone 7 in their spare time. This video features their founder, Jason Weimann, talking about their Alpha Strike game, which these developers made virtually in one sitting.
Jason explains how he was able to get his development environment set up using the BizSpark program. Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps fast-track the success of early stage technology startups with all the right resources, including software, support & marketing visibility.
Jason talks with Aaron Stannard, ISV Architect Evangelist.
Get Started with Windows Phone 7 Game Development
Tools are free. Get started on Windows Phone 7 or XBox at App Hub.
Windows Phone 7 in 7 tutorials on MSDEV. Each short, to-the-point video in this series highlights a feature of Windows Phone 7 in less than 7 minutes. This is a series for developers who want to pick up the basics quickly with brief explanations and hands-on examples. Demonstrations and code samples are based on the beta release of the Windows Phone 7 Developer.
Free Help for Windows Phone 7
Join Microsoft Platform Ready for free assistance in developing and marketing your Windows Phone 7 applications.
Other ISV Videos
For videos on developing for Windows Phone 7, see:
- State and Local Governments for Windows Phone 7 applications.
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- ProModel Adds Simulation, Visualization to Microsoft Project
- Thumb-Driven Workflow on Windows 7 Slates from Blue Dot Solutions
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
- Crowd-Sourcing Public Sector App for Windows Phone, Azure
- Food Buster Game Achieves Scalability with Windows Azure
Up to Date News for ISVs and Software Developers
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.