Hosting Unity WebGL games on Azure

Play Hosting Unity WebGL games on Azure
Sign in to queue

Description

Recent updates to the Unity engine have brought some significant advancements in WebGL deployment. In this video, Mickey MacDonald shows how easy it can be to get your game up and running in minutes with Azure. During the process, he also covers a fix for a very common error developers face when deploying their Unity WebGL games.

Web.config file from video - http://1drv.ms/1O4T23o

Visual Studio Code Download - https://code.visualstudio.com/

Embed

Download

Download this episode

The Discussion

  • User profile image
    batpox

    The link to the web.config file is broken.

  • User profile image
    batpox

    Below is what I used for my web.config using an azure website.

    Note 1: it is similar to what Mickey said he would provide, but I added mime entries for .json, and .unityweb, which my application used. Check your files on your "Build" folder to see if you need others! :)

    Note 2: The <? xml header line, which is shown as the first line by some sites, was not necessary.

    <configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <staticContent>
    <remove fileExtension=".mem" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".mem" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".json" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".json" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".data" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".data" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".unityweb" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".unityweb" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".memgz" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".memgz" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".datagz" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".datagz" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".unity3dgz" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".unity3dgz" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
    <remove fileExtension=".jsgz" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".jsgz" mimeType="application/x-javascript; charset=UTF-8" />
    </staticContent>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Add Your 2 Cents