Download this episode
What do limping cows and elderly home care have in common? It turns out, they're both the target of research projects involving sensor networks at the
European Microsoft Innovation Center (EMIC) in Aachen, Germany. In this video, Matthias Neugebauer (Program Manager at the EMIC), tells us all about it.
Here are some of the topics we covered in our conversation:
00:00:37 EMIC Overview
- 00:04:25 Description of the EMERGE sensor network
- 00:08:10 Application that displays collected data
- 00:08:30 Use of Decentralized Software Services Protocol (DSSP) and the .NET Micro Framework
- 00:09:35 Displaying raw signals from the pressure foil
- 00:10:25 Consolidated data showing sleep activity
- 00:13:14 Using live data
00:16:40 Sensor network development challenges
00:18:29 Sensor network architecture approach
00:22:15 WASP project (applying sensor networks to detect limping cows )
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.