Would you like a way to keep track of all the conversations that you initiated in your Outlook email? This can be done by combining an Outlook view with a search folder. Follow the steps below and you will have a folder that shows your email as conversation threads:
- Create a new search folder (New -> Search Folder)
- Specify Inbox and Sent items as the only folders to include in the search, but don't specify any search criteria. The search folder will show all items from the Inbox and the Sent Items folder.
- Create a new view by copying the "Messages" view (In Outlook 2003 - View, Arrange By, Current View, Define Views, then copy the "Messages" view)
- In the view, select the option to Group by "Conversation" and Sort by "Conversation index."
- Click the Filter button and go to the SQL tab.
- Check the "Edit these criteria directly" checkbox.
- Copy and paste the DASL filter from below, changing the text "your name" to your actual name:
"urn:schemas:httpmail:fromname" = 'Your Name' OR(("urn:schemas:httpmail:displayto" LIKE '%Your Name%' OR"urn:schemas:httpmail:displaycc" LIKE '%Your Name%') AND("urn:schemas:httpmail:subject" LIKE 'RE:%' OR "urn:schemas:httpmail:subject" LIKE 'AW:%'))
8. Apply the new view on the newly created search folder
Thanks to Carsten Kinder for this tip!
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.