HP just announced their new line of business-ready computers called the “EliteBooks.” These multitouch-enabled PCs come with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed and allow for input and navigation with either a keyboard, or, in the case of the EliteBook 2740p tablet, a stylus or your fingers. The EliteBook 2540p is similar, but without it’s sibling’s swivel screen. It’s also the lightest of the two, weighing only 3.3 lbs.
Both EliteBooks come with the following:
- reinforced glass 12.1 inch 1280x800 LED screen – you can choose to opt for a less reflective screen for easier outdoor use, too
- a range of Intel Core i5 and i7 processor options
- a 6-cell lithium ion battery which provides 5 hours of use and you can optionally add a supplemental battery for 11 hours of use
- stainless steel finish and magnesium casing
- an optional easily portable expansion bay which functions like a laptop dock where additional ports, hard drive bays and an optical drive are available
- military-grade resistance to high temperatures, dust, vibration, and altitude
- HP’s DriveGuard technology
The 2740p tablet starts at $1599 and the EliteBook 2540p starts at $1099. Both will be available next month.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.