Taiwan-based Mobinnova, Sony Ericsson’s new handset manufacturing partner, has just announced a new smartphone they’re calling the Mobinovva ICE. The phone, which works under GSM, WCDMA, and HSDPA networks, also introduces new touch sensitive controls, mobiToday and mobiShift. Together with the company’s unique mobiFeel technology, these controls deliver tactile feedback in response to touches on the phone’s 3” screen. The feedback is delivered through the display using a specialized touch sensitive mechanism. The company believes this will make the experience of interacting with the device even more intuitive than it is with other touchscreen smartphones.
With support for Microsoft Exchange, a 3.0 megapixel camera, built-in FM tuner, and Wi-Fi support, the ICE phone appears to offer a lot a great features, too.
The full specs are as follows:
- Dimensions: 114 x 53.5 x 13mm
- Weight: 120g with battery
- Networks: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz & WCDMA/HSPA 900/1900/2100MHz
HSDPA 7.2Mbps & HSUPA 2 Mbps
- Display: 3” WQVGA flat TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen
- User Interface: mobiToday, mobiFeel and mobiShift controls
- Camera: 3 megapixel autofocus camera with dedicated shutter control. 2nd camera for video calling
- Memory: 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM. microSD expansion slot with SDCH support
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11 b/g
- Radio: Built in FM Radio with RDS/RBDS function
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR / A2DP for use with Bluetooth stereo headsets
mini USB 2.0 plus TV-Out CVBS + L/R audio
- Navigation: Built in GPS/AGPS
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM7201ATM (528MHz)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile® 6.1 professional
- Battery: 1080mAh rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery
- Talk: Up to 6 hours
- Standby: Up to 160 hours
Pricing and availability have not yet been released.