The guys over at the IE Blog just put up a great post with all kinds of tips and tricks for learning the new IE8 Favorites Bar. They teach you how to use WebSlices and how to add feeds to the Favorites Bar, plus they list a whole bunch of other little tips and keyboard shortcuts. I highly recommend checking out this post if you're new to IE8.
Here's a sampling of the tips:
- To put focus on the first item on the Favorites bar, press ALT+B.
- Ctrl+Click or Middle-click on an item (or a folder) on the Favorites bar and this item (or the contents of this folder) will open in a new tab (or tabs) in the background.
- Ctrl+Shift+Click on an item on the Favorites bar will open up this item in a tab in the foreground.
They've actually been posting all kinds of stuff about IE8, so you can be an expert in no time!
Here are a few other great posts to check out on the IE Blog:
- Address Bar Improvements (like domain highlighting)
- Learn About Loosely Coupled IE
- Improved Developer Tools
- Activities and WebSlices