Windows Live Mesh, the new S+S (software plus services) platform for data synchronization has received a lot of attention this month. First, it opened up its private beta to all of the U.S. (and others who were willing to edit their regional settings), next they released their mobile version, and then the rumors of the Mac version were revealed to be true when LiveSide discovered the Mac client. But today, Mac users don’t have to wait any longer to try Live Mesh - the Mac version has finally been officially released.
According to this page on Microsoft’s Live Mesh site, the Mac version is now ready for download. It reads that with the Live Mesh Mac extender, you can
- Add your Mac to your Live Mesh - it will appear with your other devices on www.mesh.com and throughout the Live Mesh UI.
- Synchronize files between your Mac, your other computers, and your Live Desktop.
- Synchronize folder contents between your Mac and other folder members.
- Easily access Live Mesh news, your Live Desktop, and manage your devices from the Live Mesh menu bar item.
- Receive notifications through Live Mesh when updates are available and easily update the Live Mesh extender for Mac.
But, be warned, the Mac version is still under development, so there may be issues with it. Please use it at your own risk.
Now that you’ve been warned, go get it.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.