The most recent update to Windows Live Mesh has added a new and useful feature to the Live Mesh Desktop called “Media Viewer.” With this, you can open rich media files – like photos and videos – right from your desktop found at mesh.com. The Silverlight player has built-in controls for pausing videos and making them go full screen, but it doesn’t yet include any advanced seek options like rewind, fast forward, or a slider. However, it does have two arrows - one on each side - which will take you to either the next or the previous video in your Live Mesh folder. Pretty cool!
Also included in this update was an improvement to the way Live Mesh News displays the timestamp. It now displays the date as well as time for all news items, even old ones.
Other fixes included:
- Improved the Live Desktop quota calculation.
- Optimized MOE CPU/memory use.
- Fixed Mac client startup errors that caused client to shut down shortly after launching.
- Mac passwords containing extended characters now work properly.
- Device status (online/offline) now properly displayed on the Live Desktop, in the notifier, and in the Mesh bar.
- News now correctly displays the year.
Mac users were updated to a new version as well.
Here’s what the new Media Viewer looks like: