The Live Search page got a new UI. I actually first heard the news from a quick post over at the Windows Live Chronicles blog, so I went to check it out. I think it's rather pretty myself. What do you think?
There's a post on the official blog of the Live Search team about the redesign. Apparently, the homepage wasn't the only thing that received a makeover. In fact, quite a few changes have been made recently, including:
- Search box near results - the header is slimmer putting the search box closer to the results page
- Room to breathe on the page - the page is centered, on a fixed-width page, which is great for widescreen users
- Crisp, clean type - In addition to new colors, the team decided to use Arial improves readability
- Intuitive video search - video search is simpler, streamlined
- Health results integrated from many sources - in health search health information comes in from many different sources and is available all from one place
Microsoft has a growing design community that cares about figuring these things out. We even have some nice articles that will interest designers.