The guys over at LiveSide have a tutorial on how to use the newly updated Live Search for Mobile to take your Live Maps collections with you when you're on the go by adding them to your mobile phone. The first step is to create the collection on your desktop PC. You could then simply make it a public collection and find it by doing a search on your mobile phone, but by following these steps, it's actually a bit easier to access it without having to search:
- On your PC, go to Live Maps and create a collection.
- Make the Collection a Favorite and then open your Favorite Collections.
- Click the Subscribe button to subscribe to this collection. This is a one-time thing - now that you're subscribed, any updates you do to the collection will be automatically updated on the phone too.
- Convert the URL to a TinyURL
- On your phone, go to Live Search for Mobile, open Collections, go to the Menu and choose "Add Collection using URL"
- Enter in the TinyURL you created and click "Done."
That's it! The collection will now be on your phone from this point on.
You can visit the LiveSide blog for even more details and watch a video they shot with Steve Lombardi from Live Maps where they check out the new features of Live Search for Mobile. (via/img courtesty of LiveSide)
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.