If you’re the owner of a Windows Mobile phone and a Netflix subscriber, then you’re going to want to check out this new mobile application: Smartflix, from PyxisMobile, the maker of financial software for Blackberry. The Smartflix download is free, but it is in beta, so be aware of that. With the application installed, you’ll have access to the following features on your Windows Mobile phone:
- Browse the entire Netflix library from your Windows Mobile device
- Add to, remove from, and change position in your regular and Instant Queues
- See the availability of DVDs in real time
- See available formats for each title (DVD, Blu-ray, Instant)
- Movie Synopsis: When looking at recommendations and search results, click to view full synopsis.
- Improved “Recommendations” Support with more targeted recommendations and “Star Ratings”
- Access movie and entertainment news and information, and soon, movie times, GPS directions to theaters and more.
- Send-to-a-Friend: Send SmartFlicks to a friend via quick-click interface
- Instant Feedback: Send the App Lab team your comments and suggestions from within the application
Note: On windows Mobile 5 devices, the application requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0.