With the 2008 Beijing Olympics now underway, a lot of people are infected with Olympic Fever. There seems to be million ways to watch the Olympics this year and keep up with the news. We’ve highlighted some of these ways already, including the Silverlight-powered NBCOlympics website, Olympics on your mobile phone, the MSN toolbar's Olympics tab, Olympics on the Go for Media Center, and even an Olympics Medal Count Vista Gadget. But that’s still not all the ways you can keep up with the games, so how about a few more?
On the Neowin website, they’ve broken down all the ways in which Live Search is delivering Olympics coverage as well as offering other Olympics-related features. This includes the following:
- Olympics 2008 news scope, available in Live Search News at https://news.live.com gives readers up-to-date coverage with additional elements such as Olympics 2008 news images.
- Olympian xRank, available at https://xrank.live.com gives fans a way to track the popularity of their favorite athletes.
- Olympics Videos are available at https://video.live.com when customers search “Olympics.”
- The Live.com Homepage will rotate Olympics images in the background for the duration of the games.
- Athlete Instant Answer will feature profiles of Olympians as searchers type in the first and last names of the athlete in search queries. For instance, fans can search “Shawn Johnson” or “LeBron James.”
- Medal Count Instant Answer will provide an “all up” medal count by country, sport, or by country and sport when searchers type in Olympics-related keywords in search queries. For instance, fans can search terms like “swimming” or “China gymnastics.”