The Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, which allows Outlook users to access their Hotmail within the desktop software, has been updated again to a new version. Depending on what operating system you have, you should select the appropriate download from the ones listed below:
According to LiveSide’s tests, you’ll need to first uninstall the old Connector before installing the new one, but there are no major changes between versions, in terms of features. Likely this new update just address some minor bugs, so it’s not a critical update this time around.
The download page reminds Outlook Connector users of the many benefits of this software, including the ability to:
- Read and send your Office Live Mail/Windows Live Hotmail e-mail messages.
- Manage your contacts in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Use advanced options for blocking junk e-mail messages.
- Manage multiple e-mail accounts in one place.
- Manage, and synchronize multiple calendars, including shared calendars to Windows Live Calendar from Outlook.
- Your Safe Sender List/Blocked sender list/Safe Recipient lists are synchronized between Outlook and Hotmail.
- Send/receive works like your other Outlook accounts.
- Your Hotmail account status appears in the Outlook status bar.
- Rules work with the Hotmail account in Outlook even if it’s not your primary account.