In a recent post on the Bungie blog, makers of the Halo series of videogames, the company writes they are rallying their fan community to help the Haiti relief efforts. The company is selling a special shirt where all proceeds will go to the American Red Cross. Sales from all other Bungie “swag” will also go to the Red Cross up until the end of February.
However, the easiest way to help the survivors of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake which devastated the Republic of Haiti on January 12th, is to do what video gamers already enjoy doing: play Halo. According to the post, Halo 3 and ODST players can show their support by going online and updating their appearance with a special emblem demonstrating their commitment to the cause. For every thousand that participate, Bungie will donate $100 to the Red Cross. This event will run from 1 AM PST Wednesday, 1/20, through 11:59 PM PST Thursday 1/21.
To update your character’s appearance to reflect the new emblem, do the following:
- Press START
- Select “SETTINGS” / “APPEARANCE”
- Select “EMBLEM”
- Select “Hearts” ICON, “Circle” BACKGROUND
- Back out to the APPEARANCES menu and select “COLORS”
- Set “EMBLEM PRIMARY” to RED (or MAROON / BRICK / ROSE depending on which game you’re playing)
- Set “EMBLEM SECONDARY” to WHITE