In July, we told you about a new plugin for Windows Home Server called TV Manager. This plugin lets you copy your recordings from a Vista Media Center PC or XP Media Center 2005 over to your Home Server for storage and management. At the time we originally wrote about it, the plugin was still in beta. But now, the first version of the plugin has been officially released: TV Manager 1.0. With TV Manager, you can view your recordings stored on your WHS in Media Center as if they physically resided on your PC. Recordings can also be deleted from either the WHS Console or Media Center.
Since the beta, several fixes and additions have been added to the software, including the following, listed below.
- TV Manager Service setting permissions.
- Compatibility with limited user accounts.
- Launch recordings straight from the Windows Home Server Console.
- Changed how recordings were moved (to fix ghost file issue) but lost the ability to monitor progress percentage.
- Added Media Center Extender compatibility.
- TV Manager Add-In interface redone.
- Experimental ComSkip feature (disabled by default)
- Regenerate the Xml in case of cache corruption without tester.exe.